There will be no more denying or postponing it. The ceiling is stained with water. You discovered a few shingles in your yard. Your attic is infested with birds, squirrels, or raccoons (or all three, yikes!). Whatever the situation, the indicators are clear: a new roof is in need.
Locate the Best Roofing Contractor for the Job
Finding the best roofing contractor is the first step in getting a new roof or repairing an old one.
Check out our network of independent roofing contractors in the Wayne, NJ, Roofing Contractor Network to find the finest certified roofers in your region.
Our Wayne, NJ, Roofing Contractor Network includes independent roofing firms and contractors dedicated to customer service, dependability, and expert workmanship.
Moreover, they must fulfill high standards and tight regulations, which include:
- Have all necessary state and local licenses.
- Having a minimum of $1,000,000 in general liability insurance.
- Financial soundness and customer service are being scrutinized.
Hiring a Professional Roofer vs. DIY
Constructing a new roof or repairing an existing roof is a substantial task and financial investment for your home. Dealing with a trained and reputable roofer familiar with roofing materials, safety, and building laws and requirements can guarantee the project is done correctly. You’ll also have warranty choices, ensuring the roofing contractor would stand behind their job for years.
To repair or replace a roof, you should look into DIY Roofing. However, we strongly suggest dealing with a professional roofer for whatever your requirements are!
Choosing a Roofing Contractor Checklist
Usually, homeowners start with a list of two to five roofing contractors and visit with two to three before deciding who to choose.
Looking for competent roofers online or collecting recommendations from friends and family are two methods to start building a short list of roofing contractors to consider. Still, they may only provide you with some of the information you need to determine who qualifies and who does not.
13 Inquiries to Do Before Choosing a Roofing Contractor
Without knowing all of the information about the contractor, basing your choice only on recommendations or a gut feeling is perilous, so here are 13 questions to ask to help you narrow down your pick and choose the perfect roofer for your project:
1. Do you have adequate insurance coverage? Your roofer should be insured to safeguard your house from unintentional harm. Wayne NJ Roofing Platinum and Preferred Contractors have at least $1,000,000 in general liability insurance.
2. Do you offer additional warranty* and workmanship** coverage? Your roofing contractor should be able to provide a limited warranty that covers workmanship. Wayne NJ Roofing Platinum and Preferred Contractors provide three Roofing System Limited Warranties that cover material and artistry for up to a lifetime**.
3. Will you explain my warranty? Your roofing contractor should explain your warranty and make it obvious who to contact if there is an issue. Determine if damaged shingles are replaced at a prorated replacement cost or the original cost and whether labor costs are extra. Read more about Wayne, NJ, Roofing warranties.
4. Which roofing materials will you use on my roof? While not all roofing supplies are the same, be sure your roofer works with a reputable company. Find out more about Wayne, NJ, Roofing materials.
5. Will you provide me with a written estimate? Your roofing contractor should present you with an estimate that contains an accurate description of the work to be done and any work that may need to be outsourced.
6. Do you comply with all local building codes? Your roofer should be conversant with and adhere to all regulations.
local construction regulations.
7. Could you please give me a list of references? Request recommendations and contact a couple of them.
8. Will you perform a thorough inspection? Your roofing contractor should evaluate the complete roofing system, including the deck, attic, flashing, chimney, soil stacks, and roof penetrations, and look for storm damage.
9. Will you check for adequate ventilation? Your roofer should inspect the current attic ventilation and explain the significance of appropriate ventilation. This should entail evaluating the roof inside the attic to ensure the present ventilation system is operational. Poor ventilation may cause shingle deterioration and void your manufacturer’s warranty. Use our calculator to determine the ventilation required for a healthy and balanced attic.
10. Will you install synthetic underlayment? Roofers will install a synthetic or felt underlayment as the initial layer of protection on your roof deck. If you want enhanced protection against leaks, water absorption, and mold, make sure the contractor uses a synthetic substance rather than felt. Read more about Wayne NJ Roofing synthetic underlayment materials.
11. Will you install ice and water barriers? Additional ice and water barriers between the shingles and the wood deck may be required depending on many variables to prevent ice damming, wind-driven rain, or collected water. Read more about the ice and water barrier products from Wayne, NJ, Roofing.
12. Will you follow the manufacturer’s specifications? Since an incorrect application will void your manufacturer’s warranty, your roofer should be conversant with and adhere to all manufacturer’s guidelines. Product specifications for Wayne NJ Roofing are available for download on all product pages and in our Document Library.
13. Will you explain how my roofing system works? Your roofer should provide a full description of the complete roofing system and how all of the pieces interact so that you may make informed judgments. Build Your RoofTM allows you to choose each layer and component of your Wayne NJ Roofing Complete Protection Roofing System
If you have inquiries about any of the independent roofers in Wayne, New Jersey, call them., please visit their website or call them now at (862) 292-9892.