DO I NEED A NEW ROOF?
A roof may naturally approach the end of its useful life without encountering roof failure. It seems old and worn, and you are doing preventative maintenance on your property.
Yet, putting off repairing an outdated roof may result in worse difficulties down the line. Hence, watch for the warning signals to ensure enough time to add the item to your to-do list.
Find an independent roofing contractor in Wayne, NJ Roofing, near you for assistance with your re-roofing job.
8 Indications That Your Roof May Need to Be Replaced:
1. The edges of the shingles are curled, and the tabs are cupped.
2. When granules are lacking, there are bald areas.
3. Cracked shingles.
4. Your roof is at least 20 years old; although many shingles are now manufactured for endurance, various variables may hasten shingle deterioration. For example, improper roof ventilation might negatively influence your shingles.
5. The roof seems to be ancient and weathered.
6. Neighbors’ roofs are being replaced. Houses constructed around the same period may experience the same weather conditions, indicating that your roof is. Its functional life is about to expire.
7. Dark streaks. Airborne algae cause dark stains on roof decks. While this will not necessarily destroy the roof shingles, it will appear unappealing.
8. Moss may develop on roof surfaces with little sunshine, particularly in chilly, wet areas. Moss growth may be more than just an aesthetic problem. Moss traps moisture on the roof surface, causing damage to the granules on the shingles’ tops over time in cold areas. Brushing off moss will not prevent it from coming again; don’t harm the shingle surface. A skilled roofing contractor may be required.